Stopping by the Woods in the Snowy Evening - Poem Review

Hello fellas, i am chindy. This is my very first post in this blog. I just try to find activity that can give benefit for me and other people. So i'll share something that maybe useful for you and within this i can improve my English skill in writing (hopefully)

To be honest, this is one of my many assignmen from my lecturer and this is about anylising literature. So, have you ever read a poem? if you are a literary student, you should ever read at least a poem. This is a poem that i know titled  “Stopping by the Woods in the Snowy Evening” by Robert Frost. In this assignment, we had to analyze what the author’s intention is and this is my result.

This is the poem. You can read it.

Stopping by the Woods in the Snowy Evening
By Robert Frost

I know who the owner of these woods is
I know where he is live
But he will never know that I am in his woods
I stop to see his snowy woods

Maybe my horse thinks that I am weird
Because I stop in woods that far from farmhouse
I stop in the middle of woods and frozen lake
And tonight is the darkest night of the year

My horse shakes his bell
As if ask me that what is wrong
But only another sound is heard
That is an easy wind and downy flake

I want to stay longer in these woods to see the view
But I can’t
I should go to do something that keep promise
before I go

After we read the poem, here is my analysis about the poem above

Author’s Intention: This poem tells about love story that the author want to tell to reader. The wood is illustration of a woman. The woman is the past of him and she already has another man. When the author continues his life with his woman, he remembers about the woman. He thinks of memory in the past, maybe there is good memory and bad memory. But there’s something that makes him realize. He feels it weird and mistaken. He realizes that is wrong. So he leaves that woman and back to his life to keep his promise to his woman.

This is my opinion. If you have different ideas, you can share your opinion about the meaning of this poem by comment in this post. I wish it can help you guys.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

A Rose for Emily - Literary analysis

The Lottery - Literary Analysis

Welcome me